.......don't mix with me. I've been really good with the walking routine. Then the rain happened. Lots of rain! This is walking week four. I was a little discouraged at first, cuz I thought I would lose weight right away. Nope not me. I actually started to gain muscle weight. So I followed the advice of the walking book, I measured myself. So for the first two weeks nothing but weight gain and no inches lost, then week three I measured myself, and to my delight I lost one inch off my waist and one inch off my thighs and a half inch off my hips. This made me very happy, cuz it meant that all the walking was working. Walking has been pretty easy. My walking speed is about 4 miles an hour. I love my pedometer. It tracks steps, aerobic steps, aerobic walking time, calories burned, distance, and fat burned. I started using it on Jan 9th and so far I have a daily average of 4,196 of steps, 3,742 of aerobic steps, 31 minutes of aerobic walking time, 146 calories burned, 2.12 miles, and 9.7 fat grams burned. This an daily average, there are some days that I walk 4 -5 miles. I only wear my pedometer when I fitness walk, so the numbers may not look impressive. I have taken a few days off for different reasons. This week being the awful weather. We have had non stop rain since Tuesday, along with hail and a light dusting of snow, which is a big deal here on the central coast.
As far as knitting, I'm not feeling the love. That last scarf was really a downer for me. For now, I'm knitting a simple garter stitch scarf and a knit, purl shawl. Can't into trouble with that, or can I.
1 comment:
You're doing GREAT! I know the weather has been difficult over there lately, but once it passes you can get back on your program.
Until then, maybe you can go visit the snow in Santa Margarita? How cool is that?
Just be sure to wrap yourself in a favorite knitted item to keep the mojo alive.
Over here in the central valley the snow is barely above the valley floor so I'm thinking 'road trip' this weekend ... with a favorite knitted item myself, lol.
Post a Comment