Thursday, August 01, 2013

Things I Love and Don't Love

I'm home today from work with a very bad cold. My daughter hooked me up with some doterra oils to help me feel better. So far so good. I stayed home just to get rest. I work at a very stressful place and could not imagine working all day with this cold, it would probably have made it worse.

So, what have I been doing. Well lets start with an order from Knit Picks. My boyfriend said that he would buy me some yarn, he thought that would take my mine off work. Like I said my work place is very stressful.

Anyways, this is what I ordered, and yes it did make me feel better.


The only item not shown are the Yarn Ball earrings. The yarn on the right is Wool of the Andes Sport, color is Mink Heather, this is a sport weight 100% Peruvian Highland Wool. I would like to knit the Commuter Fingerless Mittens with this yarn. The yarn in the middle is Imagination, color is Ginger Bread House Hand-Painted, this is a fingering weight 50% Merino Wool, 25% Superfine Alpaca, 25% Nylon. I can't wait to knit a pair of socks with this yarn. The yarn on the left is CotLin, color is Pomegranate, this is a DK weight 70% Tanguis Cotton 30% Linen. I am planning on knitting the Gemini top with this yarn. This is the part of the order that I loved. The item that I did not love was the Sock Knitting Needle Holders. Nope, did not love them one bit. I ordered two and I sent both back. The problem I had was when I put my needles in the holder it snagged my sock. I was very disappointed. These holders are made of paper board and kind of cheap in construction. The return/refund was very easy so that made up for the disappointment.

And now some more disappointment


I love the yarn it is also from Knit Picks. It's Felici Fingering Self Striping. I'm on my third try, knitting these socks. Just a reminder, gauge is important. Yep, I did not swatch and did not even check gauge. I kept thinking these seem a little tight and sure enough, they were. I knitted the whole sock even put in the afterthought heel. It wasn't until they were just completed that I  tried them on. Soooo, I ripped out both socks and started over with larger needles. I got past the cuff and to the third stripe and again said to myself I think these are still going to be too tight. Again I ripped out and will try again. As they say third time's a charm. I'm crossing my fingers.




1 comment:

LiteraryLadybug said...

These were looking so nice! Sorry you had to start over yet again! I hope the third try IS the charm! Good Luck!